Who is the developer of Camelot at Marlboro? An excellent question. After reading through various articles, along with the “Legislative Minutes of the Marlboro Township Council Meeting” from a few past sessions, I was still mystified. So, I took to Google and a few hours later came up with the following info….
- “Marlboro has entered into a payment in lieu of taxes PILOT agreement with Camelot at Marlboro Urban Renewal, LLC, for the former Entron property on Route 79 at Beacon Hill Road, Marlboro. The financial agreement was approved by the. read more…
- WHEREAS, on September 2, 2010, the Township of Marlboro and K-Land Corporation (the “Redeveloper”) entered in that certain agreement (the “Redevelopment Agreement”) governing the redevelopment of the Redevelopment Area; and… the Redeveloper has created an urban renewal entity known as Camelot at Marlboro Urban Renewal, LLC (the “Urban Renewal Entity”);. read more.
So who is K-Land Corporation?
I did a search for K-Land Corporation and found some interesting facts:
- According to an entity search on the State of NJ Department of the Treasury NJ Division site, there are a few “variations” of the company.
- So I thought to myself, hmmm, that’s odd. Why would a company so many name variations? So I googled “K-Land in Highland Park NJ” and within a few searches came up with the obvious company solution…Kaplan Companies at 433 RIVER RD Highland Park, New Jersey 08904. Of course!
- I was not able to find any listings on the State of NJ site or elsewhere for Camelot at Marlboro Urban Renewal LLC. Let me know if you find anything.
- The company also has some other LLC’s including Kaplan & Sons Construction, LLC.
Why is K-Land and NOT Kaplan Companies named as the developer of record?
I don’t know, but my curiosity was certainly peaked.